Book In Progress?

Image result for writing a book

HI EVERYONE!!

I know I have been absent for a few months, I am sorry to my readers for that. But I have some great news!! I am in the process of writing a personal anthology about overcoming mental health!

Since this idea came from this blog, and I have some steady readers that are loyal to my posts, I thought I would show you guys first just a sneak peak of what I have to show you. A lot of the writings are a work in progress, but I wanted to give you a glimpse of what I have been working on. Hopefully one day it will be published! That is the goal.

Here is the introduction to the anthology that I am currently writing to give you a taste of what is to come:

Dear Reader,

I know you. You might be thinking… how do you know me? The truth is, I know you, because I have been through more pain, hurt, betrayal, and suffering than the average person. I have seen never ending roads, bumpy roads, and roads with gaping holes in them. I have dug myself so deep in a hole that I never thought I would be able to dig myself out of it. The truth is, it took me a very long time to see the finish line. For a long time, I never really thought there was really even a finish line. But, my mindset shifted, I learned that there is more than just one finish line, there are several. Life is a never ending race, once you finish one set, there will be a million more finish lines that you need to cross. But, in the end, I have realized, all the running is worth it, because life is worth it. 
I could rattle off all of these cray statistics to you, like, for example, it is projected that in the conclusion of 2020, one person will pass away every 20 seconds from suicide. This anthology is not what that is about. I find that too often, books pertaining to mental health are filled with all of these numbers, statistics, and nonsense. While numbers are essential to know where we are at awareness wise, numbers are not everything. You cannot relate to numbers, because they do not tell you the whole picture.They do not give you the full image. They do not show you the work that people do to come out on the other side. The statistics do not give you hope.
The reason that I wrote this anthology, is to give you hope. To show you that even though right now your skies seem dark, the sun will still rise. You are not alone, and you never will be alone. You are not just a number, you are a success story. Start here, start now. Change the way you speak about yourself. Change the “I am not”, “I cannot”, to “I am”, “I can”, and “I will”. Before you empower anyone else, empower yourself. 
Let’s start with a positive mindset. Close your eyes, and think about where you want to be. What makes you happy? What are your goals? What do you want in life? Imagine yourself already there. You have done the work. You have everything that you want in this moment. You have changed your negative mindset to a positive one. Life does not stress you out, because you know that the bumps in the road are a part of life. You spread happiness, and feel sorrow for those who are miserable. You breathe in positivity, and exhale the negativity. You are light. You are love. 
*Trigger Warning* Some of these poems may be triggering, if you believe you are not there yet to read triggering poems, you are encouraged to not read them. If there comes a time where you need help, and are in crisis, below are a list of hotlines that are good to use.

NYC WELL: Text “WELL” to 65173 or call 1(888)-692-9355
National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI): Call 1(866)-615-6464
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call 1(800)-273-8255
The Samaritans: Call 1(212)-673-3000
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA): Call 1(800)-662-4357
National Domestic Violence Hotline: Call 1(800)-799-7233
For life threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1

Comments