Being strong and being weak align


I am Strong,
I have brought myself out of depression,
I ease myself when my anxiety triggers,
I find positive coping skills,
I have a small support system,
I fight all my battles,
I know that the only person who will save me is me,
I know that when I need help, I ask for it,
I am trying to maintain my health and a healthy lifestyle,
I have courage, and I am ambitious, 
I am Strong.

I am Weak,
I get so sad sometimes that I don't want to leave my room,
I think bad thoughts like don't eat or hurt myself because it "feels good",
I am weak because I allow my emotions to get the best of me,
I rely on others, when I know I shouldn't,
I get strong burden-like feelings of loneliness constantly,
I struggle to make any friends,
I have low self-esteem
I push people who are the closest to me away,
I blame myself for all my wrong doings,
I think too much,
I focus on perfection,
I fixate on the small things,
I am Weak.

But you see,
Strongness and Weakness align.
I try every day to combat the worst and combine it with the best.
Some days, weeks, or months will be a low point of me.
Some days, weeks, or months will be a high point of me.
One day,
I will be able to surround my self with a person that I love,
and loves me,
for all of my good,
and all of my bad.
But until then,
I am me. 

Comments